First Flight

 

Sometimes waiting can be boring, but sometime it can increase your chances.


I fancied watching Freddy fly.

He often put up a good show

which I would always enjoy.

“Into a true eagle, even I want to grow.”


Every time, I desperately waited

I was told, “You’re not ready yet! No!”

Day and night, I always desired.

I could wait no more!


One quiet night in the dead silence,

I was awake when the world was asleep.

I walked towards the door; made my egress.

I took a deep breath to fill my lungs before a leap.

 

I took the leap only to descend.

My wings, like a machine, I flapped

during the free fall, I sensed the fast wind

but not the faintest gravity. I wildly trembled.


Before I hit the ground,

Freddy flew down swiftly to grab me.

That night, with my life, I had gambled.

And the loss - my dear right wing.


Therefore wait until the time is right.

You must let your life differ from mine

So wait before your first flight 

and trade the guaranteed success for time.



The young eagle who is yet to make his first flight patronised Freddy. Freddy was an eagle who could do certain tricks and most importantly fly. The young eagle deeply desired to become like Freddy. Although he was strictly warned several times about not flying, he chose to do it in secret. He attempted to fly but he failed and had a free fall. Freddy saved his life but not his right wing. He could never fly again. He makes others aware with his tale about what his impatience cost him. Had he waited a little longer, maybe he could have cherished his first and all his following flights.

We are sometimes interested in things that are beyond our capabilities. Our well-wishers tell us that we are not ready, yet we decide to practise in secret. Freddy saved the young eagle by chance. All of us may not have such fantastic and improbable rescues. Such failures may cost us dearly including life itself. Sometimes, rushing to indulge ourselves in grown-up activities before we grow up may present itself with disastrous outcomes; with irreparable losses. 

We can also recognise Freddy being responsible for his gifts. We inspire many and we must take care of their well-being for we have been gifted and it is our responsibility to contribute to the society. The gift is wasted if not put to the best uses.


Comments

Popular Posts